Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Happy Hayward XL

1. Back To Top    #1

Happy Hayward XL

Just bought a house with an in ground pool - it was a rental before I got it, so you can imagine the (non-existent) maintenance. Working on getting it back to normal - bought a Hayward XL today, the suction was so low on the skimmer that the poor little 'bot just sat there all sad The little "suction test widget" barely moved....

New pump (seller), so that wasn't it. Big Hayward cartridge filter was my next suspect, especially since the gauge was broken. So I installed a new gauge first as a baseline - 22 psi

New filter netted me 14 psi, cleaning the berries out of the new pump basket got me to 10

Happy little 'bot is all over the place now - makes me tired to watch so I guess I'll kick back with a beer and a cigar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Happy Hayward XL

Welcome to TFP!

I'm glad you figured out the areas of blockage and got your system in good shape.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Happy Hayward XL

So far it's a happy critter. Does tend to get stuck on the main drain - changed a setting yesterday and we'll see if it changes.
    Jeff
    Lakewood CA
    16K Gal w/spa, plaster, 175SF cartridge, 1.5 HP SuperFlo, Hayward XL