NEED HELP - Pressure side pool cleaner recommendation

Please read the intro/rules and recommendations.
Your signature block should contain your pool data - AG, IG, size, equipment installed, any special notes. If you live is especially hot areas, that burns off chlorine faster, so state where you are.

Now: Noobdy can tell you (even with all your data) which cleaner is best for you, and this group is reluctant to give specific recommendations re equipment.

You'll see a lot of post re problems with various Pentair - that is not because Pentair makes poor quality cleaners - it is because they are the most popular (or very close to most), and have a huge installed base.

Look at your pool, its bathing load, how much crud gets in, its size and shape.
The folks at the pool stores will be happy to make very specific suggestions; they will almost always suggest the one with the highest profit margin, or the one which was obsolete 2 years ago and they still haven't sold it.
Yes, I'm cynical.

So get your info into your sig block (5 lines max, please) and start reading.

p.s. welcome!

Hello, and welcome to TFP!

I'm a big fan of robotic cleaners, but it really depends on your pool size and your goals whether or not a robotic is right for you. I like the fact you don't need additional pumps, etc., for robotic cleaners, and they can do really big pools like mine without issues.

Like RobbieH, I like robotics. Generally, you end up paying for cleaning horsepower so the size of your pool is COMPLETELY relevant to type and cost of cleaner you select.

There is an article in Pool School that may help you select.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.