Bit Hazy

Hi Guys:

Having lots of fun working with my new chemistry hobby.

We've had ALOT of rain recently and I have been working to control my PH, TA and CYA. I think I've got most numbers in range.
FC 6
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 260
CYA 80
Salt 3200

Have my jets turned up to see if I can raise the pH to 7.8 TA and CYA seems to be within the TFP numbers.

However, the pool seems to be a bit hazy.

I plan on letting the pH slowly rise but I seem to have lost that crackling clear water (or my vision is going from staring too hard!).

Thinking about borates... but would have to load quite a bit $50 bucks worth. My season is about 8 to 10 more weeks before shutdown so not sure I should spend the money right now.

Will borates help get that sparkle back?

Thanks

H

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A high pH causing cloudiness is only true if there is a high calcium level as well, as the high pH will cause the calcium to precipitate out resulting in calcium clouding. The common causes of cloudy water are nascent algae bloom, inadequate filtration, and insufficient levels of chlorine.
Metals will tint the water clear yellow (iron) or clear green (copper).

Hi Guys:

Pump runs 24/7 @ 10% SWG. I get pretty stable FC depending on weather.

Swim level has not changed - I'm pretty much the only one who splashes around in the water (well me an my dog).

Pool looks better today - swept and vacuumed.

pH is higher today 7.8 / 8.0 find it hard to read the shades of colour. Guess my pool likes to run a higher pH?

I may add a bit more salt.

Seems to have settled back after the rain (maybe the rain had a lot of junk in it).

Thanks

h

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.