Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much and how to add Purifiber?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much and how to add Purifiber?

In my posts on getting my pool clear, Purifiber was suggested for my cartridge filter. I read the instructions from that post, but it didn't tell me how I know how much to use for my pool. The bag doesn't list my type of pump/filter either and I couldn't find anything in the manual that tells me what my "*Effective Filtration Area" is.

I don't even know where to start with this. The pump is SFS1000 Filter System with F1500C Pump, whatever that means. It's a cartridge filter.
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much and how to add Purifiber?

Do you have a pressure gauge? I think you add enough to bring up 1 psi, then clean as normal after you get a 10-15% pressure rise.

Here are directions on adding to the different kinds of filters.
    http://www.fiberclearpoolandspafiltr...structions.pdf
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

No, no pressure gauge.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I looked at the directions on the link. But, it doesn't help me. Because I have no idea what the filtration area is for my pump. That's my original question. I think I can figure out the application, but until I figure out HOW to figure out the amount to apply, it doesn't help me. Does anybody understand what i'm asking? I'm trying to be very specific.
    Lisa
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)

4. Back To Top    #4

Can anyone help me with this?
    Lisa

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's the manual (Check page 9).
    http://www.genfoam.com/manuals/2009%...l%20Manual.pdf

It appear to be 7 feet of filter material.
    8” FILTER CARTRIDGE 7 SQ. FT 090-130011 10.00
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

wow that is a tiny filter. I did not know they made them that small

FYI, for a 5k gallon pool, I would recommend a filter at least 50 sqft.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!