Water balance problems

fannd

Sep 19, 2013
Two weeks I have been battling balance issues and a slight pale green algae on bottom of pool.
Here are my numbers:
Tc 4.6
FC 4.3
Cc .3
Ph 6.8
TA 100
CYA 80

Put in filter aid and ph up, now my PH is 7.5 & TC is 4.5 today, other numbers the same.
Filter pressure has risen slightly, maybe not enough to be concerned with.
Water hazy but no green I can really see.
Help please!

Unless you have a SWG, what went wrong is that at a CYA level of 80 you needed to keep at a very minimum 6ppm FC to prevent algae and to kill organics and bacteria in your pool water and it's recommended you actually target keeping it at 9ppm as the daily maintenance level. That 6 is just the MINIMUM !!
Under 6 and things start growing and the green tint is bad but it's the stuff you don't see in there I'd be more worried about if you share that pool with others. :pukel:

See the table for your CYA here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

You need to SLAM (shock) the pool to get rid of the "green" as mentioned by Richard above in the link.
It would be good to also drain off some water to dilute that CYA level down to something more reasonable in the 30-50 range before you SLAM so it's financially more reasonable in the amount of bleach you'll use.

If you are presently using a bag shock for chlorine it could be why your CYA is so high. We recommend you use liquid bleach to chlorinate the pool as it doesn't contain anything else and leaves your CYA level stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.