Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time SLAM'ing have questions

1. Back To Top    #1

First time SLAM'ing have questions

My pool has been great all year by staying on top of it. We went away for 9 days and used the floating puck method to try and keep the pool somewhat clear. I kept my CYA generally between 40 and 50 and when we returned I had algae and the pucks brought my CYA up around 80. I did a partial drain and started slamming two days ago. The pool is now just cloudy looking but I did have to brush a minimal amount of algae off the floor this morning. My current numbers are as follows:

FC 20
    CC .5
    TC 20.5
    PH 7.8
    TA 90
    CYA 60

Based on the chart I have been bringing the Chlorine up to 24 over night. This morning it has dropped to 20. I will add it back up to 24 but if I wait a few hours, would it be safe to swim? I may even drain a little more water first. I have my nieces and nephew visiting for the weekend and that is all they want to do.
    Last Year: Pro Series Frame AGP 16' x 48" Approx 5,060 Gallons. 1500GPH pump, Cartridge filter in skimmer. TF-100 Test Kit
    Just Built 5/7/15: Doughboy 24' x 54" round above ground pool 16,000 gallons. Astral Pool 22" sand filter, Waterway 1 1/2 hp 2 speed pump. TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time SLAM'ing have questions

Safe to swim up to your SLAM level for your cya which is 24.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

What Woody said, but.....not safe if the cloudiness means you can't see bottom. That's just for safety.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the responses. It never got cloudy enough to not see the bottom so I guess I'm good.
    Last Year: Pro Series Frame AGP 16' x 48" Approx 5,060 Gallons. 1500GPH pump, Cartridge filter in skimmer. TF-100 Test Kit
    Just Built 5/7/15: Doughboy 24' x 54" round above ground pool 16,000 gallons. Astral Pool 22" sand filter, Waterway 1 1/2 hp 2 speed pump. TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Good Luck
    16x37 IG 50 year old 25,000 gal plaster
    DE filter,1.5HP pump
    280 polaris cleaner
    West Chester, Pa