Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy dingy looking water

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy dingy looking water

Hey all it's been a while since I've posted a question but I'm having some water clarity issues. For the whole summer so far I've been having issues with water clarity after heavy swimmer loads. The water gets a dirty look to it. In the previous years it seemed like we could have 10+ People in the pool all day then flip the light on at night and the pool was still clear. Today I had about 10 kids in the pool for less than 2 hours and the water was mucked up that quick. I've cleaned my carts several times this summer and my pressure is normal. The pool has been on a steady diet of bleach and acid for the last 2 years or so with great results. I purchased and installed new filters today to replace the original filters that are 5 years old. I'm hoping this will take care of the issues but am reaching out to see if you guys have any input.
    Pump runs 12 hrs a night as well as anytime anybody is in the pool.
    Fc 7
    Ph 7.4
    Ch 400ish
    Cya 60ish
    Tia
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Cloudy dingy looking water

Are you boosting your FC level up before all the kids come over ? That's a pretty big bather load. I would be dumping some bleach in there to boost up the FC before they come over.
    Cloudy water is a lot of the time a water chemistry problem. FC levels getting below min level.
    How long does it take to clear back up or isn't it clearing up ? 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy dingy looking water

It cleared up in about 2 hours of running with the new filters. I normally do pump up the chlorine before we have people in the pool. Saturday was my sons bday party and the water performed much better but still had a bit of murkiness to it. I guess maybe its a combination of filtering and the chlorine getting used up.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall