Help with Algae

May 30, 2014
Cottage grove, wi
Please do not hijack another poster's thread. Start your own thread so you can get the help you need.

Not sure if the little bit of green algae I had is gone and now I'm nervous to go in my pool. I saw some very light green in sporadic areas of my pool. I shocked with bleach. The next day I saw no tint of green and my pool water is clear. I am not sure if i have gotten rid of it or not. I have no real good way to clean my pool other then a Syphon system my husband uses to clean his fish tank water and a Intex system that uses your garden hose and I haven't been in my pool for a few weeks either due to crappy weather. Anyway do I just do the overnite chlorine test and if that suggests no algae is it safe to swim. I have two young children that want to go in so bad.

2200 gallon intex 12ft round inflatable ring temp pool
Intex pump that I run 24/7.
3rd summer

Hello, and welcome to TFP!

The one advantage you have over a large amount of members on the forum is the ability to drain the pool without a major cost or risk of damage. At this point if the waters clear......go swimming! Worse case says if it turns green, a quick drain/refill will have you up and running again.

See the Guide for Seasonal Pools for more details on dealing with your pool.

Welcome to TFP and we hope your little ones enjoys the water this weekend.

Can you post a full set of test results for us?

The OCLT will tell you if there is something consuming your chlorine. It is usually done at slam levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.