Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae spots on the floor of the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae spots on the floor of the pool

I have been using the TFP pool method for 3 months and it has been going well but just this week I have found algae spots on the pool floor. Last nights chemistry test gave me the following results:

pH = 8.0
    CL = 2
    CC = 0
    CH = 275
    TA = 70
    CYA = 40

I added the recommended dose of chlorine according to Pool Math. I have been testing regularly and the FC has not been less than 2 and I have never had CCs registering at all. According to Pool Math I should keep the FC at 3 with a CYA of 40. What should I do?
    16500k gal., IG, Pebble Sheen, Sta-Rite 300ft. cartridge, Intellipro Variable speed pump, A&A Infloor cleaner, Suntrek Solar, built in 2008

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Algae spots on the floor of the pool

Lower your pH, SLAM the pool and start brushing.

Your chlorine level has dipped enough to invite the green monster.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

When your done with the SLAM keep your FC level at a target of 7 and never let it fall below 3. You need to dose it every day ! 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Your FC at arm's depth may never have dipped, but odds are you have poor circulation in those areas
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!