I'm one of those owners that have a PITA Intex pool (15'x4'). I'm sure I'll catch some slack, but I don't have a good tester, only really check on pH and TC. Took a sample in today cause I think I had a small algae bloom when I got back from a work trip Tuesday night. Wed AM I threw in some algaecide and shocked it. Checked the TC in the afternoon, it was really high (can only check to 4), then when I checked it yesterday AM (Thursday), it was down to 1. Shocked it again, and this morning is down to around 1 again. Pool shop in town said the TC was .7, pH 7.8 (not horrible but yeah, needs to come down) and the TA was 300. This is why I don't take the pool shops advise, she said to use 2 gallon of muriatic acid to get the TA down! SO my question is, what do I need to do for the TA? Should I go ahead and shock it too? CYA is 40.