how often should i really keep adding acid

May 4, 2014
La quinta
New!! ya
Ive read A quite deal of all the great info on this site Thank You! Timer clock split time 4hrs morning and 4 hrs evening, 80% skimmer 20% main plumbed separate. We are a week in after plaster
morning numbers are
FC 5
Tc 5
PH 7.8-8.0 added 11oz just now
Ta 76
Ch 360
CyA 30
Temp

Im using bleach as suggested and realize bleach is ph neutral(how long for it to gas off/??) im battling with the ph I believe because of new plaster(although i no longer see it while brushing 3 times a day)

The ?, should i get ph down in the morning lets say to 7.4 using MA then and bleach in the evening? (And possibly added bleach midday as im losing 2 FC)
I see on a new pool we want to add bleach slowly.

P.s. No bather load until we get everything settled

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Just remember not to do anything that could possibly void your warranty.

Here's a couple links for your perusal: National Plasterers Council start-up card: http://www.npconline.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85

TFP's new plaster start-up : http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/154-start-up-new-pool-plaster

- - - Updated - - -

The ?, should i get ph down in the morning lets say to 7.4 using MA then and bleach in the evening? (And possibly added bleach midday as im losing 2 FC)
I see on a new pool we want to add bleach slowly.
That sounds like a plan :goodjob:

Also not all bleach is PH neutral, some of the cheap stuff has a little lye in it and will cause PH to rise a little. I know some of the batches of Tandil I've used from Aldi's has caused my PH to go up quicker than normal. Chemgeek has commented on this in other threads. I'd follow your plan and just bring PH back down as needed.

Also not all bleach is PH neutral, some of the cheap stuff has a little lye in it and will cause PH to rise a little. I know some of the batches of Tandil I've used from Aldi's has caused my PH to go up quicker than normal. Chemgeek has commented on this in other threads. I'd follow your plan and just bring PH back down as needed.

Duuuuude!
don't tell me that.

I just got the hook up on Tandil at Aldi and am set for the next month with bleach!

Oh well - will keep an eye on the pH.

My pool is so dialed in at 7.5 pH that no matter what I seem to do it never changes - it's like a magical pH.

Astro,

It's not by much, I wouldn't have noticed if Chemgeek hadn't commented on it and I watched when I had to add acid using Clorox or Tandil. Every 2-3 weeks with Tandil and 4-5 weeks with Clorox, but my TA is naturally high so PH tends to creep up no matter what I do. About the time I get TA to where PH is stable it's the end of the season and I have to drain down for the winter. Then start all over again in the spring. I do use the spring rains to help manage TA & CH but it's never 100%. I figure I still save money using the Tandil, I have to maintain PH anyway so a few extra ounces of acid isn't hurting me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.