Trying to convince others...Its tough

We all have stories like this. I only tried once to steer a friend here who chlorinated with tabs and "shocked" once a week he told me to be sure it stayed clean. By the third year of the pool he would tell me he was having a heck of a time keeping it from turning green. I had tried to tell him a year or so before that.

I did go to a pool store in search of cal-hypo last summer for SLAM (didn't want to deal with bleach as pool is far from my parked car and I know I have very low CH and vinyl liner). Explained that I was afraid I was fighting mustard algae and was told by the college boy "OH....chlorine won't kill mustard algae, you need xxxx." I replied..."actually it will if the chlorine is at 60% of the CYA value". They shut up and just asked how much I needed. I pulled up PoolMath on my ipad right in front of them. The two college boys commented "wow it would be cool if we had a tool like that"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.