New Pool owner doing SLAM need help clearing up

Jul 7, 2014
kannapolis NC
Hi All

Bought a foreclosure last October which I was told by the realtor had been drained/filled 4 months before we got it. Of course they didnt add any chemicals or do anything to prevent it getting dirty again.

It is a 40 X 20 pool was told its concrete, not sure what difference between concrete plaster etc.. Its definitely not a liner. A PF-50 Sand filter with fresh sand and a multiport valve.

It was seriously green when we started. I have removed tons of leaves and scrubbed alot.

I vacuum when i can as i have a leak so have to fill alot to get to skimmer level. Id like to get clear to be able to see possible leaks. Can the gasket or plate on the skimmer leak into the ground? I did put some food coloring in and saw next to return jet it looked like it was going in there.

The Water is much more blue now but with a cloudy/hazy look in the deep end.

Using the tf-100 My results are

FC 22
CC .5
CH 150
TA 70
PH 7.2
CYA 50

I really would like to get this thing cleared up enough to atleast start to see bottom of deep end and start finding leaks.

Any help/guidance is appreciate.

Thank You

You need to MAINTAIN the SHOCK LEVEL. That is called SLAM'ing the pool. It takes time. Some pools clear faster than others.

SLAMing Your Pool

It seems you are on the right course. Keep at it. :goodjob:

54jaip.jpg

Signature is good :goodjob: Welcome to the forum :wave:

How is it going and what does the water look like now ??

I would really like to THANK everyone and this site for being so thorough.

Before:

2i97dq0.jpg

During which is around the time i posted this much better cant see bottom even in shallow:
211kk0z.jpg

Few days ago
29o6frn.jpg

Its much clearer now i can see the bottom in the deep end and how bad the paint is flaking. My CH is still fairly low and plan on adding more tomorrow. Any suggestions where/what to get to increase CH

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.