Well, after only eight years, our SD80 sprung a leak tonight...
I was looking at the thread here and am not sure what I need to look for as far as capacity, etc. I have my Intermatic timer set up to run the filter about 10 hours a day (installed with guidance from the good peeps here!).
Details in my sig, but other questions I have:
- Do I reuse the valve, or do all the replacement filters come with one?
- My pump/filter/plumbing is not covered or housed in anything. Could this contribute to the early failure?
- What else should I replace now?
- I already picked up some Jandy Never Lube valves to replace the cheap white Jandy 6955 valves last year and haven't installed them yet. Since my local pool installer didn't put unions on the valve, I'm going to be doing new plumbing too I guess...
- I stopped using the CL200 chlorinator a couple years ago after being converted to the TFP method. Should I just rip it out or put it back in with the new plumbing?
- Saw several people on Amazon reviews complain about the price on the HTH filter sand. A lot said to get silica sand at Lowes/HD for about $10/bag. Good idea?
- Since I have Prime, it looks like Amazon would be the best for price/shipping. Or would it be better to go back to b&m pool supply?
I really want to just blow a weekend and get everything done right and not have to revisit something else in the next few years... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!