Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine/CYA chart with more options?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine/CYA chart with more options?

Do you have a chart for Chlorine/CYA levels for slamming purposes for a SWG pool that show the CYA level under 60? The chart for a SWG shows 60, 70, and 80. What if your levels are lower? How do you calculate what your SLAM levels should be if your CYA level is lower? Thanks in advance. (I hope this qualifies as a separate question and not related to my current topic...if so, please forgive me...I am not trying to break the forum rules...I think it is a valid question).
    Intex AG 24' diameter, 13,500 gallon pool with a Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" (100 lbs. of sand) and SWG (Model CS20110), Bushnell, FL (avg. temp. 85-90 degrees)

2. Back To Top    #2

Chlorine/CYA chart with more options?

You can use the SLAM levels for a non SWG pool in the chart. 😎
    FC/CYA Chart
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chlorine/CYA chart with more options?

yep while slamming and until you get the CYA up to swg levels and get the swg going right treat it like a chlorine pool.... since even with an swg you have to slam with regular chlorine
    12k - free form - plaster- Nautilus fns48 DE filter- centurion 1hp (so quiet)- In floor cleaning system with Jandy Caretaker - TF-50 and 5 in 1 test kit, Phoenix, Az

4. Back To Top    #4

For a more detailed chart and explanation see http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...rine-CYA-Chart
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

While shocking, you're using bleach anyway, so treat it as a bleach pool.

And if you set up the Suggested Levels at the bottom of pool math, it will show you the shock levels even if you selected SWG as your chlorine source.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Cool! Thanks guys!!! Guess I should have guessed that...my SWG is off now anyway during the SLAM process...it was a little confusing, but will treat it as a chlorine pool, but the other link says 40% of CYA value...that is good to know as well. Easier for me to do that. My CYA level today is about 42, so my shock level needs to be at about 17 ppm, which it is. Will re-check levels tonight, but with this updated information, I don't think I need to add any chlorine. Thanks again for the info. and links!
    Intex AG 24' diameter, 13,500 gallon pool with a Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16" (100 lbs. of sand) and SWG (Model CS20110), Bushnell, FL (avg. temp. 85-90 degrees)