New Construction in Austin, TX

There is no problem with the pipe exposure. It is quite common in raised spas due to the plumbing butting right against the forms or in the case of Hartford loops. It will be encased in cement before the coping is installed

Got through a lot of the coping on Saturday.

Lots of junk from the mortar dropping during the stone work. It has dried and crusted on the gunite....I wonder how the next crew will clean that up.
imagejpg1_zps836449a7.jpg

I think you will really like the deck finish. When we saw it at the PB's show room, it looked really good and when I looked up other photos on Houzz.com, we really liked it. The thing I would recommend you watch for - 1) make sure the salt gets pressed in. Although they gave a fairly even distribution of the salt, it didn't get pressed in evenly so in some places it looks great and in other places it looks like plain concrete. 2) and of course look for feet print and fingerprints near the edges - and that they finish the edges off consistently with the rest of the deck (i.e. it's not a place to drag all the cement and leave it)

Did you decide on your color? I think you have a lot of options with the coping choice you made. - Karen

Thanks Karen.
We've picked the color - but I think we already forgot what we chose :confused:
Yours is really pretty, and I'm second guessing the color I convinced hubby to agree with me.

I'll be very sure to go out and check for unintended art work from the crew.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pramgmatic, Imperator - thank you for the ideas! We don't have that much left but I like it enough to order more if need be.

PB came by today to spray the deck layout.
We are supposed to have the electrical crew today but to PB surprise, they are MIA.

I wanted to use the 1x1 to front face the steps but PB said that was a bad idea. Then I wanted to use the 1x1 as a backsplash in the outdoor kitchen area and I'm not sure I have my husband convinced on that one. I suppose I can always make a serving tray....but you definitely need to use your tiles somewhere - as beautiful as they are you'll want to be able to see them all of the time. - Karen

I wanted to use the 1x1 to front face the steps but PB said that was a bad idea. Then I wanted to use the 1x1 as a backsplash in the outdoor kitchen area and I'm not sure I have my husband convinced on that one. I suppose I can always make a serving tray....but you definitely need to use your tiles somewhere - as beautiful as they are you'll want to be able to see them all of the time. - Karen

Lol I think we run into the same dilemma. I have some ideas,too but I'm sure either hubby or PB will say 'what!?!?'
My wild idea is to 'deck' the concrete by cutting them up into individual strip and place it on the side. Not sure if that's a slipping hazard, but like you said....they are so pretty they need to go somewhere :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.