Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need sympathy!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I need sympathy!!!

Hello all. I need sympathy because we are in week 18 of a "6-8 week" in-ground build. We've had some setbacks, like the pool isn't square, therefore the patio isn't straight, the steps are uneven and the sun shelf isn't level. The wrong lights and pump were installed, but we were very happy yesterday morning because it was finally plaster day! Our excitement was short lived. After mixing and applying 80 out of 88 bags of material, the installers realized they had 2 different colors and that the 80 bags they put down were labeled incorrectly and were the wrong color. The 8 bags they had left were labeled correctly and were indeed the color we chose. They finished the job and now we have a pool that has 2 colors. The PB said it will have to be chipped out and redone which means redoing the step tile etc. etc. We waited 2 weeks for the plastering crew to come down from Miami so who knows how long we'll have to wait this time. PB says he's not going to chip out the plaster until he gets news from manufacturer that they will pay for the removal and replastering. In the meantime, we're filling the pool and hope to take a swim or two while they figure it out!
    (I will post pictures soon, my pictures "exceed my quota" so I have to figure that out.)
    Shotcrete IG, 880 sq. ft., 32,000 gallons,, 3.5 - 5.5 deep, SWG, Jandy 140000 Heat Pump, 1 1/2 HP Jandy, 36 sq. ft. DE Jandy filter with an attached spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need sympathy!!!

Sorry to hear that, your PB should really fix it now. Ultimately your PB is responsible for getting the right plaster in and later figure out if the manufacturer will pay him or not. You should not be financially responsible for this mixup.
    32K gallon 24'x41' IG, 8'x10' spa, mini pebble,
    Pentair equipment [Intellitouch I9, IC-60 SWG, 520 sq Clean + Clear Plus cartridge filter, 3 VS pumps(1 FX, 2 intelliflo)], Dolphin M5 cleaner.
    2 rain shears, 2 water shears, 2 blubbers, 4 laminars, water slide, rock waterfall.

3. Back To Top    #3

You need a drink!

And quite a bit of sympathy too.

As for pictures, try Photobucket to host images and link back to your posts.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

your PB should simply remove the wrong labeled plaster and send the bill to the manufacturer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi LisaT,
    sorry to hear of your woes. For what it's worth, you are in good company with a lot of folks here who have been through similar.

I agree with northrn. Sounds like you need a drink! LOL!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

HUGS!!!!!!!!! Where were you when they found it out? I wish I could have been there when THEY saw it and realized what happened.

I hope they kept the bags as proof of what happened.

Photobucket has worked for me for adding pics.

I am so sorry this happened I hope it can/will be fixed without too much heart ache.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

You definitely have our sympathy. I thought it was bad when I read another thread on here where the owner checked the dye lots on his plaster bags (snuck a peek) and they were from different lots. I can't even imagine different colors. Ugh. I hope your PB fixes soon. Enjoy the swim. - Karen
    New in 2017, will update

8. Back To Top    #8

LisaT, After reading your trials and tribulations, I have to say that its hard to determine who has had it tougher, Karen (RangerBob) or yourself! Generally all the problems are fixable but it truly is frustrating.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Wow, I can't even imagine! I sure hope they are giving you some kind of monetary discount for all the trouble. (Wishful thinking!)
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thank you all so much for the support. This forum really has helped me through this process. I did have a drink (or 2), we will definitely be getting new plaster but my husband has to go to China on business so we're going to wait until he returns. I can't face it alone! Haha! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
    Shotcrete IG, 880 sq. ft., 32,000 gallons,, 3.5 - 5.5 deep, SWG, Jandy 140000 Heat Pump, 1 1/2 HP Jandy, 36 sq. ft. DE Jandy filter with an attached spa

11. Back To Top    #11

Welcome Lisa, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Good thing you filled the pool, as this is likely to take a while. Perhaps not, but the risk of losing your summer would be pretty high.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow - sorry you are going through that! There are quite a few folks on here who have had issues (me included) with PB - keep on him until they do the right thing.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

13. Back To Top    #13

I'm so sorry! You must be beyond frustrated! I was frustrated that it has taken my PB over 3 months to start after repeatedly telling me that he would start that week, but this is awful! I know it's hard, but think of how nice it will be when done! Keep us posted!
    Stephanie and Jerry
    DIY concrete block 25 x 50 vinyl pool, now hired out to finish, build in progress, cover star auto cover, 3 laminar deck jets, Inter Fab G force slide
    My Build~~~ http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...(lots-of-pics)

14. Back To Top    #14

OMG! What a headache and more!! Sorry to hear the news.
    Agree with other posters that PB should simply replace regardless of what manufacturer says or does.
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

15. Back To Top    #15

Everything is feeling much better today because we are swimming! pp

16. Back To Top    #16

Oops! PB will redo the plaster, (sometime), and we can enjoy the pool in the meantime. The wrong color still doesn't look bad!

17. Back To Top    #17

And with those water views ....it's easy to see why you can enjoy it. Your backyard is very inviting. - Karen
    New in 2017, will update

18. Back To Top    #18

Im diggin it!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

19. Back To Top    #19

OK!! No more sympathy for you. I'm glad you get to enjoy the pool, that's what counts right now. If you don't have any other problems, let the PB fix the plaster at your convenience. With a beautiful view like that, you have a lot to enjoy.

20. Back To Top    #20

OT: so funny my hubby is on a business trip in china right now too... Hes coming back today.... so excited... hes been gone for 2 weeks
    12k - free form - plaster- Nautilus fns48 DE filter- centurion 1hp (so quiet)- In floor cleaning system with Jandy Caretaker - TF-50 and 5 in 1 test kit, Phoenix, Az

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast