Best place to learn to write apps for Apple stuff

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Hi, I have been trying to find a good app for progress note documentation to use at work. Since I have not been able to find one I like after a year of searching I want to write my own. Problem is I don't know how. Is there a book, or program that anyone recommends that teaches one how to write apps? I have decent computer literacy skills, ancient programing skills, (on punch cards if that tells you anything!) and access to a mac laptop if I can pry it away from my son. I want the app to be compatible with 3rd generation Ipads and Iphone 4 if possible. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

You may have already found this, but this looks like a useful link: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-get-started-in-ios-app-development-3532803/

There is something called Swift that is just coming out that is supposed to make it easier to develop apps.

Good luck, and how about writing an app to help you log pool test results? I am using Jesse's Excel spreadsheet but it doesn't appear to work on Excel on my iPhone. Therefore I use a simple spreadsheet or else I forgot the results before I get a chance to log it anywhere.

Reactions: AsiaSin
(on punch cards if that tells you anything!)
LOL, There are only two types of programmers in the world, those who have dropped their deck and those who will. Make sure you always number your cards.;)
(that's all that I remember form my collage Fortran IV class)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.