Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best place to learn to write apps for Apple stuff

1. Back To Top    #1
    Houston, Texas

Best place to learn to write apps for Apple stuff

Hi, I have been trying to find a good app for progress note documentation to use at work. Since I have not been able to find one I like after a year of searching I want to write my own. Problem is I don't know how. Is there a book, or program that anyone recommends that teaches one how to write apps? I have decent computer literacy skills, ancient programing skills, (on punch cards if that tells you anything!) and access to a mac laptop if I can pry it away from my son. I want the app to be compatible with 3rd generation Ipads and Iphone 4 if possible. Any information would be appreciated.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

Toronto, ON

Re: Best place to learn to write apps for Apple stuff

You may have already found this, but this looks like a useful link:

There is something called Swift that is just coming out that is supposed to make it easier to develop apps.

Good luck, and how about writing an app to help you log pool test results? I am using Jesse's Excel spreadsheet but it doesn't appear to work on Excel on my iPhone. Therefore I use a simple spreadsheet or else I forgot the results before I get a chance to log it anywhere.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

(on punch cards if that tells you anything!)

Tells me a lot!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ellington, CT

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    (on punch cards if that tells you anything!)
    LOL, There are only two types of programmers in the world, those who have dropped their deck and those who will. Make sure you always number your cards.
    (that's all that I remember form my collage Fortran IV class)
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013