Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool, upright blocks ????

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool, upright blocks ????

Had a 30ft x 54 in AG pool installed about a week and a half ago. Put a 3in tile with sock around it and was backfilling around it, Deepest backfill area is around 15 in. Had a gully washer rain of about 1 1/2 in about a week ago. Tile was around pool but not backfilled. Anyway noticed a gap at the bottom of pool inward at one upright. Pool installer came today and beat on the block under upright , actually cracking it slightly but he pulled it mostly back in place and claimed we only needed a 1/2 block anyway. Afterwards,we noticed that the pool upright holder was sitting maybe an inch over the edge of the block. After looking closer , it seems nearly every upright holder is extending over the edge of the block 1/2 in to 1 3/4 in. Is this something I should fix and how About all I can think of is digging them out and installing a small piece of block under the overhang or maybe just stuffing it level with black dirt. Mostly sand around it now. I guess pouring some concrete under it to level it up would be possible. Is any of this worth my trouble and what are the consequences of backfilling and ignoring it ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool, upright blocks ????

Anybody out there ?

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Sometimes a picture will get you more responses.....
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you filled the pool?

What brand and model of pool?

Pictures would be great.

In essence you are asking whether or not the verticals must be entirely on the concrete blocks?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

It is a wilbar, quest,30 ft round with a 28 ga. liner,been filled for a week. In essence that's what I want to know. Some of these upright holders are sitting 1 3/4 in over the edge of block. I have pics on my Iphone and email but haven't figured out how to get them on here ? Any help ?

6. Back To Top    #6

You can go to photobucket.com and load your pics there and then paste links into your message here.
    32K gallon 24'x41' IG, 8'x10' spa, mini pebble,
    Pentair equipment [Intellitouch I9, IC-60 SWG, 520 sq Clean + Clear Plus cartridge filter, 3 VS pumps(1 FX, 2 intelliflo)], Dolphin M5 cleaner.
    2 rain shears, 2 water shears, 2 blubbers, 4 laminars, water slide, rock waterfall.