Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt concentration?

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt concentration?

Intex SWG manual says 2,500 to 3,500 ppm for salt, with 3,000 ppm being ideal. Taylor K-2006 test kit has no salt test, so I'm stuck using a dip & soak strip which returns a result of about 1,400 ppm. Intex SWG indicators says "working", with neither high nor low salt concentration being indicated.

Recommendations?
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with sand filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt concentration?

Run with it. When I did my salt install, I used test strips. Kept adding salt until the strip looked like 3000. When I ordered my TF-100 I also ordered the Taylor drop based salt test kit. I had 5400 ppm of salt. I started getting high salt idiot light and did a couple of small partial drains and my SWG is now happy at 4600 ppm.

If the SWG is happy, leave it alone.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Treat the SWG like your wife.

If she's happy, you should be happy.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Treat the SWG like your wife.

If she's happy, you should be happy.
    L.O.L. !
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with sand filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.