New to Trouble Free Pool

Jul 14, 2014
Dallas/Texas
Hello All!!

My mother and I have taken the plunge to use the Trouble Free Pool method! Hoping to get a couple additional tips--

1). When it rains-- in the past the pool store had us add shock-- do we still need to shock when it rains or go by our chemical results? And related to that if it rains for several days in a row--should we test daily during the rain or wait until it subsides?

2) Is there a general rule of thumb for what order chemicals should be added? For example, last night we added chlorine and needed to also raise the PH-- both were added one behind the other--

Thanks!

Trying not to be overwhelmed!

Welcome to TFP !
Jason has given you some good advice. I would just like to add, if you don't have a good test kit here are the Test Kits we recommend. The pool store isn't up to our standards of water testing. The results from one of these kits will enable us to give you good solid advice on your water chemistry. It's a small investment for the right tool for the job. ?

Welcome to TFP !
Jason has given you some good advice. I would just like to add, if you don't have a good test kit here are the Test Kits we recommend. The pool store isn't up to our standards of water testing. The results from one of these kits will enable us to give you good solid advice on your water chemistry. It's a small investment for the right tool for the job. ?

Thanks Jason and Jeff! We have the Taylor K2006 FAS-DPD Complete Test kit.

Welcome to TFP!

One of the biggest misnomers is the one about rain and pool disaster. No need to shock after a rain. If you've been maintaining proper and adequate FC levels, rain will have very little effect. If you have six inches of rain, or surface runoff into the pool, this changes the game. Otherwise, usually not a big deal at all.

Try to spend some time in Pool School. The best tool in your tool box will be knowledge. Start with the ABC's and work up from there. Don't be overwhelmed, it only seems like a lot right up front. Once you have the basics, it really is very easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.