Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to use 633T without plunger valves?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to use 633T without plunger valves?

Hi there. I just bought an intex 633T model pump to upgrade my smaller pump in my 15x48 intex pool. However, it did not come with the plunger valves for some reason. I have a call out to the company. Until then, I was trying to find out if there is a way to use this pump without the plunger valves? Would PVC pipe work? Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to use 633T without plunger valves?

Welcome to TFP. We have a lot of Intex users that should be around shortly to help you. I would also suggest that you look in the above ground pool forum as I mentioned earlier, there are many Intex users who have modified their pools and documented it.

Welcome to TFP. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have the black tubes sticking out of your pool?
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

4. Back To Top    #4

I did a search on EBay for "intex valves" and what you need came right up.
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with sand filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.

5. Back To Top    #5

You don't need the plunger valves to use the pump. They're just used to close off the water supply so you can disconnect/service the pump.
    12' Intex Metal Frame Pool, 1500 gallons, Intex 2800gph Sand filter/pump, AquaPro PRO1100 HP, K-2006 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Whatever you end up doing will require adapting new inlets and outlets to your pool, probably some cutting, and valves of some sort - Intex or otherwise - to control the flow of pool water. There is a fount of information here on this website.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!