Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What parts do I need?

1. Back To Top    #1

What parts do I need?

Hi All:

My salt cell is on its 6th year and has stopped working. I beleeive the front board is bad. I tested using a volt meter and based upon what the reading were supposed to be, i beleive the board is bad. Anyway I want to replace the entire setup. Mine is the Aqualink PS8 and the salt cholirnator looks is the Aquapure 1400. It appears the newer ones use different control center? Im not completly sure what I need to replace all. The newer control centers look like they have a cutout for the Aqualink controls but I really dont want to move my entire aqualink wires into a new control center. Please advise what I need as I am confused!

Many thanks!
    25,000 vinyl w salt located north nj. Waterfall, spillover spa, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What parts do I need?

Actually after doing some research I may switch to an Autopilot. Its a few more dollars but seems to be a better product. I understand it wont work with my PDA but I can live with that. Thoughts?
    25,000 vinyl w salt located north nj. Waterfall, spillover spa, Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: What parts do I need?

From all accounts, the Autopilot seems to be one of the better SWG systems on the market. Haven't read any negative reviews about them to my recollection.

Several of the folks here have them.
    Wish I had me one, but I didnt know any better at the time.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!