Finding exact quantity of water.

Mar 12, 2012
Maryland
So I have a 24' round 4' deep pool. however, I notice the pool floor is not completely flat. It actually gets deeper as you get towards the center. I've always been doing the calculation based that I have 13,500 gallons. But I know it's more than that.

I suggest you keep close track of what you test and what you add and what effect it has. Compare your results to Effects of Adding Chemicals in poolmath.

If you consistently undershoot, increase the pool volume in poolmath until things align. The pool volume is constantly changing anyway, with evaporation and refilling and so on, but over a period of a few weeks, you will hit the magic number where no matter what you add, it behaves exactly the way it's supposed to. Use that as your volume.

Use depth as halfway between wall and center. if you have 4 feet at the walls and 4 1/2 feet at the center, use 4 1/4 feet as your depth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.