Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finding exact quantity of water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Finding exact quantity of water.

So I have a 24' round 4' deep pool. however, I notice the pool floor is not completely flat. It actually gets deeper as you get towards the center. I've always been doing the calculation based that I have 13,500 gallons. But I know it's more than that.
    13,500 gallon above ground round pool. Vinyl Liner. Hayward S244T 3.1 cu ft sand filter. Hayward Powerflo 1HP pump (single speed induction). HTH 6-way test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Finding exact quantity of water.

I suggest you keep close track of what you test and what you add and what effect it has. Compare your results to Effects of Adding Chemicals in poolmath.

If you consistently undershoot, increase the pool volume in poolmath until things align. The pool volume is constantly changing anyway, with evaporation and refilling and so on, but over a period of a few weeks, you will hit the magic number where no matter what you add, it behaves exactly the way it's supposed to. Use that as your volume.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hope Mills, NC

Use depth as halfway between wall and center. if you have 4 feet at the walls and 4 1/2 feet at the center, use 4 1/4 feet as your depth.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

As Richard basically said ... there is no reason to be exact. Just see how well you are hitting the chemical target and adjust as needed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Longview, Texas

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!