Pool look amazing! Now what do I do with the stuff leftover?

PattyA

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Scituate, MA
Hi,

Thanks to this forum/website my pool is picture perfect. Looks amazing with the plaster and tile repaired and water balanced. Had my 10 month old first grandchild here to visit and he approved of the water immensely. Another fish is the family.

My question is, what do I do with the big bucket of 3" pucks/tabs from Leslie's Pool? Should I use a couple here and there or not bother?
I can't return it, as I've used some. All my readings are spot on. I just bought a bottle of PhosFree which I just returned.

By the way, the electric company must hate you folks, my Summer electric bill will be cut by 3/4 easily and my cost of chemicals in the future will be greatly reduced. I love this. I've always had what I thought was a balanced and clean pool over the years, but never this easily and inexpensively. As long as I don't think about how I could have retired on what I've spent over the years, life is good.

Thanks again, Patty

Yea, that's likely to be the trichlor. If that's all it's doing, and you don't have any other metal things that are sensitive to corrosion, I would just leave them there. I've seen some tablet floaters with the white plastic inside of it turned brown. I've also noticed one of my tablet packages with brown spots on it. Hmm...

Thanks for the replies and comments. I think the pool supply store knows I'm not going to be a money maker for them. I returned a product today. Nice.

I store the pucks in the part of my pool house that has my filter, pump and electrical box. Very interesting about the corrosion. I keep my lawn mower in the other side of the pool house. Will the pucks damage it if I store the pucks with the mower?
Can I seal the bucket with several plastic bags or something?

Thanks, Patty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Puck buckets are not like "normal" buckets. It is not a snap on lid. The lid screws on - it should provide a good enough seal.

I keep a few pucks in a old puck bucket in my shed, with plenty of metal around it (I parkmy lawn tractor about 3 feet from it) with no adverse effects.

-dave

Like you, I had just purchased a 50 lb bucket of pucks before I adopted TFPC, and was kind of wondering the same thing. When I got the bucket, I was a little irritated that each puck was individually cellophane-wrapped - I was cursing that when I had to unwrap each one to put it in the chlorinator. But now, it's turned out to be a blessing, because I suspect those individually wrapped pucks sealed in their bucket will likely last me for a lifetime of vacations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.