Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Vacumm for an AGP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Vacumm for an AGP?

I have been using a lil shark since I got my pool last summer. It does o.k. but is not the most convienient process in the world and often needs to be bumped to get going again. Anyway, I am ready to upgrade to a better and more convienient vacumm, especially since I have lots of neighboring trees and seem to need to vacumm twice a week. Having one that doesnt tie into the pools sand filter would be a plus too. I have read quite a few posts on the forum about the Pool Rover Jr. and it seems to be well liked. Are there any other automatics that you guys would suggest? Seems like I did see some posts complaining about the rover jr. not picking up all the sand on the bottom of pools? I don't mind spending a little extra money if I can get a really good vacuum and make life that much easier with pool cleaning.
    24' AGP vinyl, 3/4hp Pentair 2-speed, Pentair Quad DE 60
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic Vacumm for an AGP?

I have a Pool Rover and it works fine for me. Never got sand in the pool so i can't say if it will get it up or not.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought a pool rover jr. It works fairly well. It is able to pick up leaves with ease. Since my deck is not complete (1 more week, yeah!) my kids have tracked in a lot of dirt. It gets a little bit of that, but it seems to stir it up as well. So I'm somewhat satisfied, but I wish it did a little better with the 'fine' dirt. I'm sure it filters the water and cleans it better than if my pool went without it. Since I'm a new pool owner, I'm sure when I 'open' my pool next Spring, I will probably appreciate the pool rover much more at that point.

I do wish I had something to the equivalent of a "dust buster" to go suction the dirt when it clumps together. Without the hassles of wires and all of that.

Hope this helps!
    Ballparkmom
    16 x 33 x 52" AG pool, Hayward Vari-flo pump & sand filter, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 return, Zodiac LM3 24,000 SWG, Pool Rover Jr., 2 kids & a million toys

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ballparkmom
    I do wish I had something to the equivalent of a "dust buster" to go suction the dirt when it clumps together. Without the hassles of wires and all of that.

Hope this helps!
    They do make those... Here's one: http://www.bargainpoolsupplies.com/cleaning.htm
    There are others like it if you do a search for them.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool Rover Junior, haven't looked back since.
    BBBB?-Bleach, Baking Soda, Borax, BEER!
    18' x 33' x 54" AG Pool, Vinyl Liner
    17,700 Gal
    Pump: Baquapure Workhorse Superflow, 2.5HP, 2 Spd
    Filter: Baquapure High Rate Sand Filter, 26 inch
    Baquapure Water Polishing System

Proud new Papa of a Pool Rover Junior! Born 6/20/08