Dogs+Intex=??

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
I saw another thread and the OP was stating that his dogs are gonna be swimming in the Intex. Just wondering if anyone lets their dogs into their AGP's? If so how does the 4 legged creature get in and get out? I have a 90lb. English crème golden retriever who gets very sad when we are all swimming. She will get on her hind legs and "stand" next to the pool just looking at us with her sad eyes. I want to let her in the pool but I won't be able to get her out. We have the Confer ladder. Was thinking about making a "perch" for her to sit on and if she jumps in I want her to be able to get out without getting hurt. Any pics anyone like to share? I have seen a YouTube video of a guy's dog climbing the original Intex ladder and climbing out too! Seems a little dangerous for my goofy dog.

Good points, I wouldn't worry so much about the chlorine cause I would rinse her off after each dip. More worried about her scratching the "you know what" out of my skin if she does need help in getting out. I looked at the links provided and I will probably do some DYI thing to help her get in/out.

My dog swims every single day and is in the pool multiple times a day and his coat is super, duper shiny and his skin is perfect. One the weekends, he is in the pool for hours at a time.

The key is test your water daily with one of the recommended test kits and make sure that FC is less than shock for your CYA, having your PH in normal range and having less than 0.5 CCs.

Also, as long has your test results are okay and you haven't added borates, the dogs are okay to drink the water

Attachments

• Scooby 2nd Gotcha Day Cropped.jpg
    Scooby 2nd Gotcha Day Cropped.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 109
My dog is only 2 years old and yes I could teach her to use the stairs. I think I am going to make a platform out of PVC to attach to my Confer ladder just for the inside of the pool. She has never swam before so I think the addition of the platform just below the top platform of the ladder will enable her to get up a little better. The confer steps are pretty steep if you look at them, I believe they did this to shrink the footprint of the ladder inside the pool. I will post pics if I get this project going.

We taught our Black Lab "Harley" to climb the original ladder out of the pool. We built her a short ramp to get to the second step on the outside and put a piece of a 2 x 4 across the platform of the ladder. This gave her a place to "grab" when she was on her way out. She would swim around and rest her front paws on our arm and let her back feet touch the bottom until she was ready to get out. We discovered her even doing this while we were gone by setting up a video camera.

We are thinking of making something to get the dogs in the pool also. If anyone has any pics of what they have done for ideas would be great. We have the flimsy intex ladder for now but plan on putting some sort of platform up eventually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.