AA Treatment Questions

Jul 13, 2011
Austin, TX
I have completed the vitamin C tablet test and it appears as if I have stains.

I have read the instructions for completing a AA cleaning, but I have a couple of questions before I start down this path.

1. My pool temp is 84 degrees (which should speed up the process), but in the Texas heat I'm concerned about algae. Will the Polyquat 60 be enough to hold it back during the process? If so, any recommendations on levels and frequency?

2. Do you recommend a product to bring TC=0? Or do I just let it run out on its own?

My wife is concerned that the pool will be closed too long for the summer. Can I just add some Jack's Purple for now to halt the process and do the AA later? Any downsides to waiting?

Thanks in advance

1) A startup does of polyquat should be plenty. See the packaging for dosage recommendations.
2) Most people can simply let FC come down on it's own. If you are in a hurry you can use ascorbic acid or thiosulfate to lower FC.
3) The whole process should only take a week or two. If that is an issue you can start using sequestrant and that will stop new stains from forming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.