First Test Results, what would you do?

Jul 2, 2014
Macomb, MI
Finally had a few minutes to do a full test (TF-100) and was interested in some advice as I am a little unclear as to how I should prioritize. Here are the results:

pH: 7.2
FC: 3
CC: 0
CH: 100
TA: 80-90 (turned clear on drop 8, red on drop 9)
CYA: less than 20 (not unexpected, I figured I was at about 16)

My chlorine consumption has not been too bad, but I would like to get CYA up to 30, which means I need to add another two pounds. My pH is already low and I know it will drop further when I add mroe CYA, but I'm concenred about adding washing soda since this will raise my TA. I tried aerating for 12 hours the other day and saw no pH change (although I was sucessful in dropping my TA from 100). What would you recommend I do in this situation? Raise pH first just enough so adding the 2 pounds of CYA will get it back into aeration range so I can get my TA back down? Am I getting too hung up on the TA number and should I just get my pH where it needs to be?

Thanks for your help!

If your pool see's a fair amount of sun you may want to take your CYA to 40. Your call.
Don't let your FC fall below where it's at.
I wouldn't sweat the TA. Keep your PH in range and your TA will take care of itself. If you want to bump PH up some for the CYA addition, use borax as it won't affect your TA all that much. The TA is the last thing to worry about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.