Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to program Jandy One touch to run at different speeds during the the day

1. Back To Top    #1

How to program Jandy One touch to run at different speeds during the the day

I have a one touch controller, an Intelliflo pump and solar panels. The panels are most efficient at 15 gpm, but that grows algea even if the pump runs continually. I have tried to program the solar heat at 15 during the day and the pool at 30 at night, but the solar setting is ignored. The pump runs at 30 even during the day. Jandy tech support gave me a solution that did not work. Surely, my requirement is not unique. Can anyone help please? If you have a variable speed pump and know how to program it like so, that'll work too.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How to program Jandy One touch to run at different speeds during the the day

do you use the Aqualink as a solar controller with a solar sensor on the roof?
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to program Jandy One touch to run at different speeds during the the day

If I remember correctly, the pump runs at the highest speed of any circuit that is "on". If you set the "pump" circuit to 30, it will always run at least at 30. So you need to set the pump to 15 and then program another circuit to run at 30 and program it to come on at night.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School