Liner wrinkling issues

Jul 23, 2014
Iselin, NJ
Hi all! Hope this is in the right spot...I didn't see a specific area for anything similar, so I figured here was the right place, but if it isn't, please let me know and feel free to chuck it elsewhere! :)

Anyway, now that my pool is clearing, I'm noticing some liner issues that are starting to make me nervous. See, when we bought the house (in the spring of '09), there were two wrinkles on the floor of the liner. One was maybe a foot long, and about a quarter inch tall (they're a tight, creased kind of wrinkle, not a bubble type of wrinkle, if that makes sense), and the other one was about 6 inches long, but about half an inch tall. We initially called the company who installed the liner (it had been done the previous year), and they basically told us they weren't going to do bleep about it, because the previous owners hadn't finished paying them.

Phenomenal.

So after using the pool that summer and the following summer, the wrinkles seemed to stay the same, so I figured ok, it's a minor annoyance, but no biggie. Well clearly I was wrong. Now, keep in mind we haven't been in the pool for the last 2 seasons (not counting the current one), but upon entering the pool this year, I can feel along the floor that those wrinkles have gotten waaaaay bigger. I've carefully inspected all of the liner edges for any signs of stretching, tearing, pulling away, etc, and haven't found a thing.

Basically, what I'm wondering is whether or not I'm freaking out over nothing, if anyone has ever experienced similar problems, what the heck could've made the wrinkles that much larger (the water has never been anywhere near or lower than a foot in the shallow end), and/or if anyone wiser and more experienced than I can hit me over the head with a clue by four if the answer is something that should be apparent. LOL :hammer:

My liner floated over the winter when i lost a bunch of water for a still unknown reason and as i filled it back up i did my best to work the liner into place. I ended up with two similar wrinkles. One is about 4 feet long and the other about 6 feet. I was told not to worry too much about it. I just try not to step on them when i am in the shallow end.

My water fell to just below the returns so i had far more than a foot in the shallow end but the ground water must have been high enough to cause trouble.

I figure i am looking at a new liner within the next few seasons but consider myself lucky that i got my floating liner back in place for the most part. Don't freak out .... go swimming!

Butterfly, thanks, I'll try the search. I'll post pics as soon as I get the pool clear enough to see the bottom. LOL I'm still in the midst of my SLAM to clean up the swamp that we've had. >.<

Ship of fools, how did you work the liner back into place? Thanks for the reassurance!

Butterfly, thanks, I'll try the search. I'll post pics as soon as I get the pool clear enough to see the bottom. LOL I'm still in the midst of my SLAM to clean up the swamp that we've had. >.<

Ship of fools, how did you work the liner back into place? Thanks for the reassurance!

I used the pool brush as i added water. Just push it back into place as much as possible as it fills. My liner is far from perfect but it is far better than it may have been and even if i just get one extra season i am always happy to delay spending several thousand dollars!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.