Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flooded pool help.

1. Back To Top    #1

Flooded pool help.

Neighbors yard is higher then mine...

We had torrential down pours due to tornado. Neighbors yard is basically in my pool. Spent all afternoon skimming and removing dirt. And not even close to clean.

There any way to get this stuff out ? I'm vacuuming to waste at this point but every 5 minutes I'm emptying the basket. Any easier ways to pick up the muck at the bottom ? Tempted to let my robot help in the situation but I don't want to kill it. There has to be a better way. Is there an inline filter with higher capacity then just the filter basket?

31000 gallon in ground vinyl
    1 HP Hayward SuperPump
    65 sq DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Flooded pool help.

If there is a lot of stuff at the bottom, just jump in, and throw most of it into a trash bag until there is so little it has to be vacuumed.
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

This same thing happened to some last year. Maybe ypu can search for how it was handled. I can't remember what the best solution was.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

You can get an Inline filter for the vacuum. There are at least two sizes and they are a bit pricey but in my opinion they are totally worth it.
    Here is an examplehttp://www.sunplay.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=w530&404;http://www.sunplay.com:80/product-p/..._tracker=3507-

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I would have to agree with thrystan. If you are vacuuming up a lot of leaves, the last thing you want are leaves getting stuck in the pipes that lead to the pump.
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking into this wonder if they ship overnight. Thanks guys greatly appreciated.

This was exactly what i could not find on google. My google-fu is getting weak.
    1 HP Hayward SuperPump
    65 sq DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for help folks pool is back to normal and ready for swimming. if it wasn't so dark out id get some pictures and post em up. I will do that tomorrow when i get some light ! Thanks again !

BTW the bag unit helped a lot, and I got around having to use the adapter by using a female to female chunk of pvc and cutting grooves out for the tangs.
    1 HP Hayward SuperPump
    65 sq DE filter