What if I do not have a skimmer basket?!?!? Newby need help!

Jul 23, 2014
LAWRENCE
:handwave: :confused: I just setup our new Intex metal frame pool. And I am about to add the chemicals to the pool and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. Certain chemicals I am told to add to the skimmer basket? I do not have a skimmer basket, so what am I to do? Please help!!!!!

This pool school article tells you what to add and how to add it.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

The CYA stabilizer granules can be suspended in front of a return like this:
attachment.php

Awesome thank you. I am looking to add the chlorine right now. So far my PH is on point! I had a chlorine feeder but just realized the maintenance kit I got came with granulated chlorine. So I am just going to sprinkle that around the pool. The other chemical is the stabilizer and conditioner, that is the one that only mentions skimmer. I am not to sure what you mean ThinkPad, I do not have one of those skimmer baskets that connect to the filter pump. I do however have a skimmer/net thingy to clean the debris out of the pool.

Awesome thank you. I am looking to add the chlorine right now. So far my PH is on point! I had a chlorine feeder but just realized the maintenance kit I got came with granulated chlorine. So I am just going to sprinkle that around the pool. The other chemical is the stabilizer and conditioner, that is the one that only mentions skimmer. I am not to sure what you mean ThinkPad, I do not have one of those skimmer baskets that connect to the filter pump. I do however have a skimmer/net thingy to clean the debris out of the pool.
Don;t just sprinkle chlorine granules into the water. They may bleach white freckles into the liner where they sit and dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.