Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What if I do not have a skimmer basket?!?!? Newby need help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lightbulb What if I do not have a skimmer basket?!?!? Newby need help!

I just setup our new Intex metal frame pool. And I am about to add the chemicals to the pool and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. Certain chemicals I am told to add to the skimmer basket? I do not have a skimmer basket, so what am I to do? Please help!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What if I do not have a skimmer basket?!?!? Newby need help!

I never add any chemicals in the skimmer basket. Usually just add them in front of the return so they can be dispersed throughout the water.
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

3. Back To Top    #3

What chemicals? Are they in a powdered or liquid form? Do you have a skimmer, but not a basket, or just no skimmer?
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

4. Back To Top    #4

This pool school article tells you what to add and how to add it.

- - - Updated - - -

The CYA stabilizer granules can be suspended in front of a return like this:
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome thank you. I am looking to add the chlorine right now. So far my PH is on point! I had a chlorine feeder but just realized the maintenance kit I got came with granulated chlorine. So I am just going to sprinkle that around the pool. The other chemical is the stabilizer and conditioner, that is the one that only mentions skimmer. I am not to sure what you mean ThinkPad, I do not have one of those skimmer baskets that connect to the filter pump. I do however have a skimmer/net thingy to clean the debris out of the pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mawiskas View Post
    Awesome thank you. I am looking to add the chlorine right now. So far my PH is on point! I had a chlorine feeder but just realized the maintenance kit I got came with granulated chlorine. So I am just going to sprinkle that around the pool. The other chemical is the stabilizer and conditioner, that is the one that only mentions skimmer. I am not to sure what you mean ThinkPad, I do not have one of those skimmer baskets that connect to the filter pump. I do however have a skimmer/net thingy to clean the debris out of the pool.
    Don;t just sprinkle chlorine granules into the water. They may bleach white freckles into the liner where they sit and dissolve.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

What would you recommend? The bottle says to broadcast the product evenly over a wide area of the deepest part of the pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

Read the article Richard posted.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!