Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool in! Filter running! TF100 coming tomorrow ?'s

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool in! Filter running! TF100 coming tomorrow ?'s

Ok, after a grueling 2 days, my new pool is installed, filled, and running. My SWG is not hooked up yet. I have no test kit yet. I poured in 2 128oz bottles of Clorox tonight, and that is it. I have another in hand, should I add it? The pool is around 12,000 gallons. Super excited, and super overwhelmed by all that has happened in 48 hours. Been lurking the site for weeks, and brain is ready to explode. Anyway, a few suggestions are appreciated, and I will be posting my first numbers tomorrow as soon as DHL arrives at my door. Wish me luck...............
    Northern NJ, 14x32 inground fiberglass pool, 14,000 gallons, 1 1/2hp Hayward pump, Hayward c1200 cartridge filter, Pentair IC20 SWG , solar heat, mesh safety cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool in! Filter running! TF100 coming tomorrow ?'s

No. That's plenty for now, you really need your other test numbers before you add too much bleach all at once. I'm pretty sure you have no CYA in there right? With no CYA you only need your FC to be at about a 2. No reason to shock yet, till you get a full set of test result and know what kind of water situation you have.

Enjoy! Keep us posted!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the advice, I was scared to wake up tomorrow to a green pool. There is alot of dirt on the floor of the pool, also some small pebbles. I have a cartridge filter. Is there a way vacuum to waste, or just vacuum and then rinse the cartridge? Can't wait for my test kit to get here tomorrow!!!
    Northern NJ, 14x32 inground fiberglass pool, 14,000 gallons, 1 1/2hp Hayward pump, Hayward c1200 cartridge filter, Pentair IC20 SWG , solar heat, mesh safety cover

4. Back To Top    #4

I felt so powerful when I got my test kit. I knew exactly what was in my pool and using "The Pool Calculator" I knew just what I needed to put in it. With a wife, 2 kids and a dog, it's one of the few things I have power over.
    Skinman

16 x 32 Doughboy AGP
    Doughboy 17" AquaView sand filter
    1 HP, 2 Spd. pump
    (4) 2 x 20 Sunheater Solar Heat
    Solar cover w/reel
    TF 100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by yrreb13
    I have a cartridge filter. Is there a way vacuum to waste, or just vacuum and then rinse the cartridge?
    You might be able to vac. to waste, but with a cart. filter I'm not sure. I wouldd just vacuum with the filter normally and wash it out after.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

6. Back To Top    #6

No, no vacume to waste on a cart. Pick up the pebbles by hand and then vacume the rest. You shouldn't have to hose off the filter after one vacuming tho. Keep an eye on your normal pressure. Did you write down your beginning pressure reading on your PSI gauge? That's always a good thing to take note of.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com