Replacing Aqua Pure 1400 SWG cell?

TBrown

Jul 27, 2014
Corinth/Texas
Hello,

I have a Aqua Pure 1400 model R0475400 two port SWG cell which I understand isn't made anymore. Will the newer Aqua Pure/Zodiac model R0452400 three port work and will I need to change the end caps out to mount it? Also, I just replaced the sensor in the spring. Will it work in the newer model or will I have to replace that part as well?

Thanks
Tim

The three port cell will work. You will have to replumb to get it to fit. The sensor will work and won't need to be replaced. The third port will need to be plugged with the proper plug.

Is the box a Chlormatic III?

The box is a Jandy Aqua Pure 1400. I don't understand exactly what's meant by mine being a two port cell. It has three openings, two for the water flow and one on the bottom with the sensor in it. My current R0475400 and the newer R0452400 look the same in any pictures I can find of either. Mine is not the old square shaped one with only the two openings.

I am replacing my 1400 and some of these round three port cells have the older different sized threads than the latest model. I know for a fact as I bought a new PLC1400 and went to put it in last Friday but it won't fit. My old cell looks just like the one in the photo. So I have to have some repiping done.

FYI - that link has a price that is about $400 more than you can find the PLC1400 kit, and $500 more than the newer cell alone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No kit is available, you need to cut out plumbing and add the plumbing. If you are handy with PVC then it is very doable, but if you haven't worked with PVC then I would suggest you find someone to help you install it.

Understood and it was a very useful post as I was confused as to why I had a round cell and the old thread sizes. But if you need to replace your cell then maybe it is a good idea to bite the bullet and redo the plumbing since it is so much cheaper and you may not be able to get the other cell in a few years when you have to next replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.