Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New pool, first time owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool, first time owner

Getting started in SE LA. This was from Tuesday's aborted dig. It was too wet to dump the soil and truck got stuck.Attachment 32285Attachment 32286
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: GE

So they got a move on it because of rain early this week. These guys showed up on Sunday to start. I'm sure i heard no work on Sunday but yet they came. Steel and stub out of piping done.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: GE

Quote Originally Posted by jojoman View Post
    Had one area fall in, too wet and not compacted.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: New pool, first time owner

And it fell in more.

5. Back To Top    #5

But they rolled on to finish steel.

6. Back To Top    #6

A little out of order,gettig used to TapaTalk still.

7. Back To Top    #7

See that blue with yellow stripe jumper/slide to the right of my shed. That thing was running almost all day Saturday and Sunday and putting lots of water down on the back of my yard. Some water in the bottom of the pool hole was from the area of the dirt slide on Saturday but as the steel guys finish i notice water coming from the other direction(where the slide was).There was 3 to 4 inches of water sitting on the backside of the garden and it wasn't draining anywhere. These people haven't done anything like this in the 4 plus years they lived there and yet they go big on the weekend of my pool dig. With one area of dirt weak all i need is another problem, so i dug out my little channel on the side of the yard so this water can go somewhere. Not to spoil somebobys fun but i was about to ask them to shut it down. They shut it down just before i was going to go ask. Don't even know if this was a real problem, but i wasn't in the mood for more problems.

8. Back To Top    #8

I am in for watching!

Good for you for finding a way to get rid of the slide water. Of course they would do something like that on the day of your pool build! LOL

Keep us updated please!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Gunite done yesterday.

10. Back To Top    #10

They did mess up the spa spillover in that it was left too high because ours is going run over the rock and into the pool so the PB got in there and dug out some of the Gunite on the spillover himself. He said they just did what most pools have on their spa, the little shelf that spills into the pool. It was fun to watch him get in there and do a little work himself. LOL

11. Back To Top    #11

Haha he had to be sweaty and get his hands dirty. LOL sorry I had to!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

How deep will the water be on your reef? It looks like the depth I wanted (PB over-road my preference)

13. Back To Top    #13

It's going to be 6 inches of water on tanning ledge. That's what the PB suggested, i was leaning to 9 inches but PB thought 6 would be better as far as getting into the pool. I'm cool with that.

14. Back To Top    #14

It's looking great! It's going to be beautiful! I'm glad they shut the slide off!
    Stephanie and Jerry
    DIY concrete block 25 x 50 vinyl pool, now hired out to finish, build in progress, cover star auto cover, 3 laminar deck jets, Inter Fab G force slide
    My Build~~~ http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...(lots-of-pics)

15. Back To Top    #15

Tile and coping sometime next week. Man, the PB showed us pic's of two other spas with stacked stones on a 12 inch high like ours and a 18 inch high spa with the stone on the face not stacked and both had the stones for the water fall. Boy i wish i had pressed for a 18 inch high spa because that one in the picture is just soooooo good looking. I mean they both look good and the PB said he can do our 12 inch high spa just like the 18 inch high spa. To me there isn't enough space in the 12 inch face of our spa to get that same look as that 18 inch high spa. Unless he can use bigger stones than the 18 inch spa because it has two rows of stone to cover the whole face. Maybe i'm wrong but i think the stacked stone is the way for us to go. It will still look great i think.

16. Back To Top    #16

Plumbing and equipment done yesterday.

17. Back To Top    #17

They dug everything by hand on one of the hottest days so far this year. We meet with the PB and he said they have a machine to do the digging but they didn't bring it. We picked the waterline tile with the PB and he showed samples of the other materials we picked. Think we are done with the picking stuff out, just time to get this done now. Maybe 2 to 3 more weeks.

18. Back To Top    #18

Oh my poor backyard. I know they have to tear it up to do the work but man it's hard. To remember all that work i did to get it looking good. Well guess i can't fuss too much because machine digging would have be much worse than them digging by hand.

19. Back To Top    #19

following along. Looks like they are moving along quickly. what pattern are you going with for the travertine decking?

20. Back To Top    #20

He showed us the French style but I need to ask if that's the one we are getting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast