New pump, filter, plumbing and stenner

Jun 16, 2014
Yorktown Heights, NY
So I went kind of crazy and replaced all of my pool equipment. The old pump was an energy hog and leaked, the old filter was on its last legs and I couldn't get the lid off, and the water wasn't super clear.

Here's the old:
old-front.jpg

old-top-front.jpg

Note the disused heater plumbing and pressure side cleaner pump which died. The check valve to the spillover spa was also broken so the spa level would drain down when the pump was off. Pump drew around 1300 watts.

Here's what I installed:
new-front.jpg

new-top.jpg

I upgraded to all 2" pipe (old was 1.5"), replaced the check valve and all other valves. New filter is a Hayward Swimclear c4030 and the new pump is a Hayward EcoStar. I tried to minimize pipe bends as much as possible. Stenner pump installed too for liquid chlorine injection. New pump draws around 250 watts to produce the same flow as the old pump and the water is CRYSTAL clear with the new filter. Super happy with the upgrade so far!

Next on my list are LED lights and a robotic cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.