Stenner Set-up; Cheap and Simple

Oct 5, 2012
Houston, TX
This is the back area of my property where the pool equipment is and outdoor equipment shed/ water well/ softener, etc.... I decided to put the Stenner setup in the shed with a run of Black UV shielded tubing to my return line

20140728_073523.jpg

Clearly the heater is long gone, and the blowers dont work anymore, and the previous owner did some "CUSTOM" plumbing work, which i'l replace with schedule 40 when i get around to it...

INvLx8B0-3M97XL4hc-PLfbZd3iMGESUes2h1iM5xVo=w1153-h865-no

Here's a better shot of my outdoor equipment area. We just moved in in the beginning of June. and the previous owner was nice enough to leave me an entire shed full of junk, so its as organized as possible, putting litttle bits of stuff our for the trash as we can
20140728_073424.jpg

And here is the beautiful stenner set up. Its a 45M5, I run about 13 PSI on my filter, and have a 40k gallon pool. I run it on a basic digital timer for 15 minutes injecting 66 oz of chlorine. As time goes on ill update this thread with adjustments if we see a drop in chlorine over the course of a few days ill try a 20 minute run time, or 89 oz. I have been putting a gallon in every other day...

I Need to add an outlet next to that switch to clean things up, another project for another day...

20140728_073500.jpg

Excellent - you're going to love the stenner!
Your old heater is the same one I had which was similarly trashed (mine was completely rusted through and bypassed with a similar inverted-U tube). I just finished completely replacing all my equipment and plumbing and putting in a stenner too and love it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.