Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Set-up; Cheap and Simple

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Stenner Set-up; Cheap and Simple

This is the back area of my property where the pool equipment is and outdoor equipment shed/ water well/ softener, etc.... I decided to put the Stenner setup in the shed with a run of Black UV shielded tubing to my return line

Clearly the heater is long gone, and the blowers dont work anymore, and the previous owner did some "CUSTOM" plumbing work, which i'l replace with schedule 40 when i get around to it...

Here's a better shot of my outdoor equipment area. We just moved in in the beginning of June. and the previous owner was nice enough to leave me an entire shed full of junk, so its as organized as possible, putting litttle bits of stuff our for the trash as we can

And here is the beautiful stenner set up. Its a 45M5, I run about 13 PSI on my filter, and have a 40k gallon pool. I run it on a basic digital timer for 15 minutes injecting 66 oz of chlorine. As time goes on ill update this thread with adjustments if we see a drop in chlorine over the course of a few days ill try a 20 minute run time, or 89 oz. I have been putting a gallon in every other day...

I Need to add an outlet next to that switch to clean things up, another project for another day...

40,000 gallon ig gunite, Pentair Challanger Century Centurion 2.2 HP Pump, FNS 60 DE filter, Polaris 280, Century Centurion 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Attached ig spa - 1HP Centurion pump - Dual non functioning blowers

2. Back To Top    #2

Yorktown Heights, NY

Re: Stenner Set-up; Cheap and Simple

Excellent - you're going to love the stenner!
    Your old heater is the same one I had which was similarly trashed (mine was completely rusted through and bypassed with a similar inverted-U tube). I just finished completely replacing all my equipment and plumbing and putting in a stenner too and love it!
    23,000 gal plaster pool w/overflow spa
    Hayward EcoStar pump
    Hayward c4030 425 sq. ft. cartridge filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Perrysburg, OH

Re: Stenner Set-up; Cheap and Simple

Nice dog!
    16 x 32 inground vinyl pool (21000 gallons) (new liner installed 2014)
    Hayward max flo pump w/ 1 HP AO Smith motor (new motor 2014)
    Hayward C1200 cartridge filter (new 2014)
    Hayward H150 heater