Just need to brag again!

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
My son went to a friends house Friday night for a sleep over/pool party. My sons pool party was then scheduled on Saturday afternoon. So when he gets home on Saturday morning I am cleaning up around the patio in prep for party. He looks at the pool and said "wow, our pool is so clear, <friends name here> pool seemed kind of milky." My son raved about it on and on.

Fast forward to the party. All the parents commented on how clear it was, of course many commented about what a pain it is to maintain and how much work and how much cost, etc, etc. I look at them and said "the only maintenance I do on a regular basis is vacuum, it costs nothing and I enjoy snorkeling around doing it". They all look at me like im an alien and point out the cost of all the chemicals. I reply with "I dont add chemicals". Puzzled, they look at me like my head fell of. I explain I add salt early in the year, but aside from that its hands off.

I do not think 1 single person believed me. :confused:

Should have seen the looks on their face when I told them my wife and I built the pool LOL

Full disclosure. Last year I did add Muriatic acid several times due to high Alk and quick increasing PH. I was able to get the alkalinity down though and so far this year PH has been very stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.