Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just need to brag again!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just need to brag again!

My son went to a friends house Friday night for a sleep over/pool party. My sons pool party was then scheduled on Saturday afternoon. So when he gets home on Saturday morning I am cleaning up around the patio in prep for party. He looks at the pool and said "wow, our pool is so clear, <friends name here> pool seemed kind of milky." My son raved about it on and on.

Fast forward to the party. All the parents commented on how clear it was, of course many commented about what a pain it is to maintain and how much work and how much cost, etc, etc. I look at them and said "the only maintenance I do on a regular basis is vacuum, it costs nothing and I enjoy snorkeling around doing it". They all look at me like im an alien and point out the cost of all the chemicals. I reply with "I dont add chemicals". Puzzled, they look at me like my head fell of. I explain I add salt early in the year, but aside from that its hands off.

I do not think 1 single person believed me.

Should have seen the looks on their face when I told them my wife and I built the pool LOL
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Just need to brag again!

That's about as Trouble Free as it gets
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Full disclosure. Last year I did add Muriatic acid several times due to high Alk and quick increasing PH. I was able to get the alkalinity down though and so far this year PH has been very stable.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Prove it, let's see some pics!
    18 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame
    2500 gph cartridge filter
    Intex SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter