Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: EXpected test results after heavy use???

1. Back To Top    #1

Hope Mills, NC

EXpected test results after heavy use???

Is there any rule of thumb regarding expected test results after a day of heavy use?

We had a lot of friends over Saturday and a bunch of teenage boys jumping and splashing around for several hours. I tested the water the next morning and found that my FC went from 8.0 to 5.0 and I now have 0.5 CC where I had none before.

I assume that the heavy use and tracking of grass clippings are the cause of the changes and I'm not real worried.

One other CYA has been well below the TFT100 test jar reading ability, but finally I can see the dot dissapear at 23!!!!!! Took 2 weeks for the CYA to show up in the water. One more bottle to go.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: EXpected test results after heavy use???

I would have expected much greater FC loss and much higher CC, actually.

Look up party in the search box and you'll get some idea of just how bad it can get.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!