Recommendations for pool control systems available in the UK

loop_pea

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
England, UK
We would like to install automatic dosing in our community pool. I'd go so far as to say that if don't install auto dosing then we won't be open next year. I cannot do another summer where I have to check the pool three plus times a day every day (and I don't do it all), and I won't ask anyone else to do that either.

We've been working up to this for a few years, and now have some money in the bank that would allow us to actually do something. Normally we're just trying to keep our heads above water (sorry for the pun) by finding enough money to stay open, so this is pretty amazing.

I really need someone in the industry to help me work out how to spend our money wisely. The problem is that people in the pool industry are happy to come out to visit, but then we never hear from them again. They always look a bit surprised by the aged pool and pool plant, and then by the fact that the water isn't green. It seems to me that people just don't take community groups seriously.

Funnily enough I live within 15 miles of all the major pool suppliers in the UK that I know of - Certikin, Biolab, and Complete Pool Controls. When we approach them, they tell us to talk to a distributor. And I'm back to square one. It's so frustrating.

I guess that I am letting off steam a little here. But my question is this - does anyone have recommendation for pool controllers that are available in the UK? It seems that amperometric would be better than ORP, but that is all I know so far. And is there anyone on this forum from the UK who would in a position to help a community group work out how best to renovate their pool?

Many thanks everyone.

loop pea, I can't help with your dilemma and although we do have a few members from England, I'm not sure they could help as they are small residential pools, usually Intex above ground pools.

Lets see if someone can possible help you. :bump:

Thanks for the response casey.

Our pool is bigger than a lot of residential pools, but it's a tiddler compared to most public pools.

It's quite a challenge running it as a hand-dosed pool, especially when the whole school gets in for the swim gala!

We manage, but we need to do the upgrades.

Injection of liquid chlorine and acid. Our fill water is high very TA so if i want to raise TA then I just top up the water level.

I have a chlorine tablet feeder so I would keep that and use it (even more) sparingly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.