Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Question SLAM?

So I've been doing the whole pool maintenance thing on a professional level for some time. I've gone through countless number of certifications, factory trainings etc. Then suddenly I hear about this SLAM idea. I read the posts regarding this and the overnight chlorine loss, which just leaves me SMH. ***? Is it possible that the APSP, the NSPF and the NSF overlooked SLAM? I received CPO training (Im an old ASE) from a YMCA Director I never heard of this? Someone clarify the basis on this, ASAP please.

(I love using acronyms! LOL. Has me ROFL!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM?

Welcome to TFP!!!

SLAM = ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and is a term that was created here, in this forum.

This might be an interesting read for you given your CPO training. There are also countless other technical discussion from Richard (chem geek) throughout the forum: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-is-not-taught
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: SLAM?

Thanks Jblizzle. I am reading the link you sent regarding improper CPO ideas and I have to say I must agree so far with the findings, makes sense from what ive seen in my time poolside. I apologize if I came across as rude or trying to mislead anyone. I will read more on the information and discuss with coworkers and veteran pool guys I work with.

I love the agree to disagree. .. nice touch.