Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

This is my first time having a pool. And I really don't know what iam doing. Me and my family went swimming for a day or two and one day I woke up and my pool was green. .I've tried every thing. And today I put bleach. And now they're is brownish and greenish stuff floting on the top. Please help me

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Pool

Welcome to the forum. Please help us help YOU by adding a signature line to your profile listing all your pool particulars like mine below. Please consider ordering one of our recommended test kits in pool school. We rarely diagnose anything with out you listing pool test results ( even from the pool store). I invite your to read through the basics in Pool School.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft. Wright, KY

Mizztee, I'll second the advice get one of the recommended test kits. It may seem pricy at first, but what it will save you in chemicals you don't need and the headache/heartache of a cloudy or green pool will make it worth every penny and then some. I've had a pool for almost twenty years, switched this year to the methods I learned on this site, and my pool looks OUTSTANDING. Better than it has ever looked, and it's EASY - with the right test kit.

You can do it! If you follow the advice you'll receive here, your pool will be sparkly in no time.
    Last edited by Smeade; 07-28-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Remove redundancy
    24K gallon IG gunite (built 1976), plaster (Diamond Brite) redone 2012
    Hayward EC65A DE filter Taylor K2006-C test kit
    Ft. Wright, KY (Cincinnati area)

Don't argue. Just get the kit. TF100 or Taylor K2006

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP.
    Here are a couple of articles that will help you a lot.
    ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
    How To Chlorinate Your Pool.
    If you want to clear that pool up your going to need one of these Test Kits. Get the TF-100 with the XL option. It has the extra reagents needed to help clear that pool up.
    Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

People have cleared far worse than your mess. Here's some inspiration. I like the pictures more than all the discussion, myself.

Just do what they did! It starts with test results you can trust, not "free" tests done by someone who makes a living selling pool chemicals.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!