Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner for AG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Flordia

Pool cleaner for AG pool

Hi guys,

New pool owner... getting fed up with manually vacuuming... I'm using the standard triangle shape head on a pole... can't be more than 10"-12" wide.

I'd like to invest in a cleaner. Not sure what my budget is, would like it under $400 but could invest up to $1000 or so if it's truly worth it. My want is to set it and forget it for the most part. I have two through wall skimmers with hose hookups (with the Doughboy adapters.) If I use a system that hooks up to one of the suction lines, should I invest and have a third suction line installed so that both my skimmers can be used? If I have to use one of the existing skimmer suction lines, that skimmer won't be able to be used as the plate would be installed 24/7.

We have a lot of trees around. Lots of pine trees and oaks.

~16,200 gallon 18x34 Doughboy AG pool. Fully above ground (not buried, no deep end). TF-100 test kit. Variable speed pump. Cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Pool cleaner for AG pool

Hi Brandon.

I believe Pool Rover and Pool Rover Jr just plug into an outlet and you put it in the pool. I've been looking at Jr and would love to get him myself but I'm not dumping $400 on a vac right now since we got our deck. Check them out on
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Midland TX

Re: Pool cleaner for AG pool

I run a Diver Dave with a Hayward Leaf Strainer on the vacuum side of my pool. It works great. You have to have enough pump for it though. Good Luck with your decision.
    7200 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 3 Grandaughters swimming every week.