Need to SLAM and don't have accurate CYA level

Hi Joan,
From Post #59:
Don't worry, I don't want to put stick or tab in the niche. I was searching for how to take the light out of niche and the last post mentioned blasting water around the light for 3 days in a row before taking it out.
Day one stuff came out around it. Day two did, then day three the flush was clear. When they finally got the light out the niche was clean.
So I'd like to give it a try till I can get a helper to help me get the light out.
Explain to me how the poster used their vac hose to blast the light housing if you would please?

Instead of worrying how to rig something up on the vac hose, why not just use your garden hose with a pistol grip spray nozzle. Most municipal water supplies are maintained at 50-60 psi. That should be more than enough pressure to dislodge any stubborn organics in there.

Just hang in there. This is the section of the TFP where you need some POP.... Pool Owner Patients. You Can Do This....

thank you for the suggestion/idea one_knight. I had thought of rigging up the garden hose but not with the spray nozzle on which would increase the pressure.
In one of my posts following my query, it came to me that the reference to the vacuum hose may have been on a pool cleaner such as my Polaris which does have a jet fitting for the hose. I can just hook up the Polaris hose to the jet and somehow stabilize it as close as I want to the light housing. Either idea should work fine.

So much going on around here it's hard to find time to do much of anything except basic maintenance to keep water at good levels. I did take time from work long enough yesterday to flush the filter for and hour and a half while I had willing man with strength enough to open it up!
I'm still waiting for opinions on whether to just take that sand out since it never got completely clean. One good thing is if there was channeling, that should be eliminated now.
Thanks to everyone for input. I really mean it. Issues with pool are minor and although I can't maintain FC overnight due to something somewhere, everything is pretty much okay. Not an emergency. The filter issue will get resolved. I am being patient One_knight!
Joan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.